Kristen Yohn, President
Jennifer Webster, Vice President Primary
- To foster cooperation between parents and teachers to achieve the best educational experience for our children.
- To provide social and educational opportunities for students and parents to support the programs offered in school.
- To organize fundraising opportunities to support the academy budget and extracurricular activities.
- To provide a volunteer team to support the Academy.
What Does MAPO Do?
Each year, together, we create new events, programs and activities that can be enjoyed by all and we are always looking for new opportunities and ideas.
Here are just some of the events that we coordinate annually:
- Annual Silent Auction Dinner/Dance – our biggest fundraiser
- Thanksgiving Feast
- December Book Fair
- International Foods and Cultural Celebration
- Chamber of Commerce Mixers and other Community Service Events
- Spring Book Fair
- Community Service Projects
- All School Picnic/Carnival/Field Day
- Teacher Appreciation Day
We manage and coordinate various activities and campaigns such as:
- Boxtop Campaign
- Giant A Plus Rewards Campaign
- Beautification of the Academy’s Grounds and Building
- Building Interior Decoration
- Target Rewards Program
Most importantly, we offer classroom assistance, serve as field trip chaperones and support the student council in their efforts to enhance the quality of education for each and every student at the Academy.
We are not able to provide these special events without the help of our volunteers. MAPO is open to all Montessori parents, friends and supporters.
If you are interested in joining MAPO or just volunteering at certain events, please call Montessori Academy at 717-261-1110 or email email@example.com. We would love to have you!