Your Child's Education
- We focus on the Progressive Education of toddlers age 18 months through 12th Graders amidst nontraditional classroom activities.
- We offer a morning (7:00-8:30 AM) and afternoon (3:00-5:30 PM) extended day program and a nine week Summer (MESA) Program.
- Our integrated curriculum focuses on all areas of education including Reading, Creative Writing, Grammar, Vocabulary, Mathematics, Science, Geography, History, Social Skills, and extensive Computer Instruction.
- Selective programs are offered such as Foreign Language, Art, Music, and Physical Education.
- Education is supplemented by exposure to the Performing Arts, Educational Class Trips and numerous Community Involvement Projects.
- Students learn and accelerate at their own pace through their own learning styles, by making choices and decisions based on their supervised educational work plans.
- We offer a finely integrated curriculum that creates a web of learning around the multi-age classroom; that mirrors growth in multiyear development stages. Younger children learn from older ones, who in turn gain self-confidence through their roles as mentors.
- We are licensed by the Department of Education of the State of Pennsylvania, accredited by the Middle States Commission of Elementary Schools, and a member of the American Montessori Society, Pennsylvania Assoc. of Independent Schools and the National Assoc. of Independent Schools.
- Montessori has no religious affiliation; our philosophy is committed to the spiritual component of the whole child; developing his individual character and awareness of civic virtues.
- Students graduate with a very high acceptance rate for Advanced Placement, Accelerated Courses and Entry into the area’s Best High Schools, College Prep Schools and Academies.
- We offer financial aid for qualifying families and all families are encouraged to apply.
Your Child's Environment
- Our New Building (Open Fall, 2004) is designed by Architects specializing in Educational Surroundings.
- Classroom pods offering the multiage classrooms free interaction and spacious activity areas.
- We have a comprehensive On-site Library.
- For our numerous activities, there is a Multi-purpose Auditorium with Stage.
- Your local Pennsylvania School District School Busses provide transportation to and from school for students in kindergarten and older. Transportation from Hagerstown, MD is available.
- With our low teacher to student ratio of 10 to 1; individualized attention is paramount to success.
- Our Teachers are specialists in the age group/development stage in which they work.
- Many are instructors for other Montessori teachers, educational lecturers and serve as consultants for teachers in training.
- Faculty members work in teams so that any given time a student can develop close relationships with more than one professional.
- Our Staff and Faculty openly communicate with other Montessori Schools; collectively developing the best education and environment for your child.
You, the Parent
- The parents of our students play an integral role in the child’s development.
- We encourage open communication with our Faculty.
- Open House Night, Progress Reports, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Newsletters and Report Cards are just a few of the more traditional means of communications.
- Participation and Involvement in social activities and school events is encouraged.
- As an independent organization, our parents are involved with our fundraising and social activities and many parents are members of the Board of Directors.
- We would like to discuss all that Montessori Academy of Chambersburg has to offer your child and you. Please call us at your earliest convenience for information, tours and enrollment applications.
We look forward to welcoming your child and you to Montessori Academy of Chambersburg.