A Montessori education is an investment in your child’s future, ensuring that your child benefits from the opportunity to grow and learn through experience in a hands-on and peaceful learning environment and with individualized instruction and guidance from a highly qualified team of educators. At Montessori Academy, we consider ourselves to be stewards of a child’s natural love and inclination for learning as we guide each student to grow towards their full potential.
The Montessori Academy of Chambersburg financial aid program is designed to make the unique benefits of a Montessori education accessible to qualifying families, based on demonstrated financial need and the availability of funds. Awards are made according to financial need as indicated by School and Student Service for Financial Aid guidelines, based on the information that families share in the application which includes assets, income, expenses, and debts.
Financial Aid is provided by Montessori Academy and scholarships funded by Corporate and Business Sponsors through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Start the Application. To get started, please go to the Clarity Application and create an account. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity Application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select Montessori Academy of Chambersburg. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time.
- Connect to the IRS. For your convenience, applicants request common tax records directly from the IRS during the online application process. Additional uploads and documentation are only necessary on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit the Application. At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge.
- Await Financial Aid Committee Review. Your financial aid application will be reviewed by our Financial Aid committee after you submit an enrollment or re-enrollment contract for your student and pay the student’s $500 tuition deposit for the school year in which the financial aid would be applied.
- Receive, Sign, and Return the Financial Aid Offer Contract. Financial aid contracts are sent to families to accept, sign, and return to the Academy. If you decide not to proceed with enrollment after reviewing the offer, the student’s enrollment contract is voided and the $500 tuition deposit is refundable, upon request. Once a financial aid contract has been signed by the parents/guardians, the $500 deposit is not refundable.
Timelines for Financial Aid Applications
- Current Students: April 1. Students who are already enrolled at Montessori Academy should submit their completed financial aid applications, including relevant supplemental documents, for review by April 1 to apply for aid in the upcoming school year.
- Example: Apply for aid for the 2024/2025 school year by April 1, 2024.
- New Student Applicants: Upon Application or Acceptance. Families of new students are welcome to start the financial aid application at time of application to Montessori Academy. However, the application will not be reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee until the student is accepted for enrollment and an enrollment contract is signed by the parent/guardian(s) and tuition deposit is paid. Students applying for financial aid do not start school at Montessori Academy until the Financial Aid Offer Contract is signed by both parties and submitted.
- Current Students with Changing Financial Circumstances: As Needed. Families of current students experiencing extenuating circumstances that impact their family’s finances are encouraged to communicate with the Head of School and submit an application for financial aid, as needed. New offers of financial aid during the school year are subject to a review of extenuating circumstances and the availability of annual funding.
Need Assistance with the Clarity Financial Aid Application?
- Start with the Clarity Quick Reference Guide.
- If Needed, Review the detailed Clarity Family Application Guide.
- Contact Clarity Support. If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available through the “Help” button in the bottom left of the screen, as well as email and phone support at email@example.com or 206-210-3752.
Montessori Academy is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian institution of learning, serving children from 12 months through grade 8.