We recognize that a Montessori education can be a significant investment. In order to make a Montessori education accessible to qualifying families, a limited financial aid budget is awarded to qualifying applicants. Awards are made according to financial need as indicated by School and Student Service for Financial Aid guidelines. Financial Aid is provided by Montessori Academy and scholarships funded by Corporate/Business Sponsors through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program.
Important tips for applying for financial aid
- On the SSS application, be certain to list Montessori Academy (#3019) as one of the schools to receive the SSS Report of Family Contribution (RFC).
- Complete the PFS (Parent Financial Statement) online. Include all information and full explanations for all items. Parents should be sure to list Montessori Academy (#3019) on the SSS (School and Student Services) report.
- Upload Federal IRS Tax Form 1040 with all supporting schedules, W-2 forms and State Tax Returns from the previous calendar year for all custodial parents to the SSS website.
- Complete an enrollment or re-enrollment contract and submit a $500 deposit for the school year in which the financial aid would be applied.
- Financial aid contracts are sent to families to accept, sign, and return to the Academy. Once a financial aid contract has been signed by the parents, the $500 deposit is not refundable.