- To foster cooperation between parents and teachers to achieve the best educational experience for our children.
- To provide social and educational opportunities for students and parents to support the programs offered in school.
- To organize fundraising opportunities to support the academy budget and extracurricular activities.
- To provide a volunteer team to support the Academy.
What Does MAPO Do?
Each year we create new events, programs and activities that can be enjoyed by all, and we are always looking for new opportunities and ideas.
Here are just some of the events that we coordinate annually:
- Thanksgiving Feast
- December & Spring Book Fairs
- International Day Cultural Celebration
- Chamber of Commerce Mixers and other Community Service Projects & Events
- Donuts with Dad
- Mother's Tea
- All School Picnic
- Field Day
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Back to School Pool Party
We manage and coordinate various activities and campaigns such as:
- Boxtops for Education
- Giant A Plus Rewards Campaign
- Giant Shopping Cards Campaign
- BJ's Wholesale Club Membership Campaign
- Beautification of Academy Building and Grounds
- Seasonal Decorating of Academy Building and Grounds
- Annual Yard Sale & Bake Sale
Most importantly, we offer classroom assistance, serve as field trip chaperones and support the student council in their efforts to enhance the quality of education for each and every student at the Academy.
We are not able to provide these special events without the help of our volunteers. MAPO is open to all Montessori parents, friends and supporters.
If you are interested in joining MAPO or just volunteering at certain events, please call MAPO President Jennifer Webster at 240-215-5486, or email MAPO@montacad.org. We would love to have you!