- The Knobbed Cylinders are a Montessori sensorial material, designed to assist children in making distinctions in their immediate environment. This material primarily engages the senses of touch and sight.
- Teaches children to visually discriminate between dimensions; however, as competency grows, child can begin to differentiate with touch.
- This Montessori material also indirectly prepares students for writing, as they begin coordinating their fingers in a pincer grip, which is used later for holding pencils.
- It also lays the foundation for future work in mathematics and language, as children learn words such as 'height' and 'diameter'.
- Measures 11" L x 3.5" W x 2.5" H.