Begin biome studies for elementary classrooms by looking at the essential Parts of a Biome: energy from the Sun, soil, air, water, plants, animals, the carbon cycle, and the nitrogen cycle. Each part is explored with nomenclature, hands-on activities, movement, drama, and art.
Introduction to the Biome Cards provide a first lesson on the eight different biomes used throughout the Waseca Biomes Curriculum: Temperate Forest, Tropical Forest, Wetlands, Grasslands, Mountains, Deserts, Polar Regions, and Ocean.
- Masters to make booklets for children to label and color and masters for additional teacher-made materials are available for download
- The Waseca Biomes Curriculum Guide
- Introduction to Biomes–Parts of a Biome Three-Part Cards
- Introduction to Biomes–The Biomes Three-Part Cards
- Climate Zones Labels
- Living or Nonliving Labels
- Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore Labels
- Animal Adaptations Cards
- Biome Picture Sort Labels
- Q & A Cards
- Includes three-part card tray cabinet